Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, March 28, 2008

Wait... This isn't World of Warcraft




Look at this... I'm finally putting up a blog post. Its been a little while so I figured it might be something good to do since I have the day off. Besides, what else I'm I supposed to do eh?...

Sorry, I started that several hours ago but got side tracked playing... errrr doing something else. Boy this month has just flown by. Its hard to believe its already the 28th. We've been pretty busy with our normal work/school tasks. I'll just try to highlight a few of the things we did.

First off as the last blog post referenced work was pretty crazy for me. In a quick summery of what happed is that I ended up deleting the company website. oops I'm working on moving sites from one server over to another and during this process I hit the wrong button which overlaid one of the sites over the main internal site. We then tried to restore to a backup but we had problem after problem come up that prevented us from restoring to a backup. We would setup test environments that were identical to our production server and it would restore without a problem there. Well, after putting in about 120 hours in a 11 day span we finally were able to get the site restored back to how it should have been. Most of those hours were spent between the hours of 11 pm- 6 am since that is the only time we could really take down our production environment. Not a good week. I was ready to go back to Walmart. :-)

We made it to Chicago on St. Patrick's Day weekend to see the festivities there. We met up with the Behlings who used to live here in South Bend. It was fun to see the river dyed green and go to the parade. The parade was something that was fun to see but we probably wont do it again. We're not really parade people and it seemed like there was just a lot of random people walking down the street with one high school band after another.

We have also been busy trying to get our upcoming trips planned. Becky has to go to Florida the for a week to work with another lab down there on some techniques they use. We have also been trying to plan our summer trips to Germany and Uganda. It's definitely going to be a crazy summer.

Riley is doing well and is still as cute as ever. Its starting to warm up so I'm not sure what he is going to do without the snow. Its kind of funny watching him try to find the last patch of snow so he can flop down and roll around in it.

I know its been a month since our last post but I can't think of anything else to post. (that doesn't mean that there is not anything more but just that I'm horrible with recalling things.) I'll leave it up to Becky to come back and add more if there is anything I'm forgetting. :-)
Blogger Tink said...

I love that subway picture! Nice work. Sorry about your stressful week!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home