Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Catching Up

Okay, okay. I didn't really finish the last entry I uploaded. I'm thinking of renaming this blog to "Look! Becky has a blog that has been dumped by her husband because he's too busy playing World of Warcraft to spend five minutes writing an entry- too!" I'm not really that bitter, but Kevin can't complain about what I choose to write about. Plus, I'm doing this with an eighty pound dog completely sprawled out on my lap as I sit on the couch. I'm not very comfortable and it isn't easy typing this way.

So what's been going on...classes are back in session. I'm sitting in on a parasitology class, and it's making me very paranoid. My dad always did say that the most paranoid people in the world are microbiologists and parasitologists. Now, whenever Riley stops to sniff something or picks something up in his mouth, I freak out. "Nooo, Riley! That could be raccoon poo teeming with thousands of parasites that will eventually climb up your trachea to be swallowed back down and begin the lifecycle all over again!" We also learned about human pinworms. Eeew! I don't care how much I love my child, I am not checking for those pinworms myself. And if my child did have pinworms, I'd seriously consider giving it up for adoption, moving or burning down the house, and starting all over again. Anyways, it's going to be a fun semester. The last time I was this affected by a class, I couldn't eat cold-cuts for a year (it was a human anatomy lab with cadavers).

Things are going well for us. Almost too well. We're waiting for something to come along and rock the boat. I'm loving Notre Dame. I'm having tons of fun with my labmates. It's great just getting to hang out with them every day. We went ice skating on Saturday. Most people hadn't ever been ice skating before! It was great fun. We also saw Cloverfield over the weekend. I wasn't expecting much, but I really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't get motion sickness easily.

Kevin will be spending most of next week in training meetings in Chicago. I'm not sure how I'll survive without his help with Riley. Our neighbors have all offered to help out with him. I'll be taking them up on their offers. I already feel like a moocher. I've been getting rides to school from a friend, rides to agility classes from a neighbor who also watches Riley during the day sometimes. As for Riley himself, he's great. He's all healed up and is bouncing around with much more energy than before the surgery. He makes us laugh every day. Hope everyone is doing well! Have a good week!
Blogger Jerin said...

Riley's such a cutie!

You're turning into a germophobe. I'd better not ever take that class or I might get that way too.

Nice to hear that you guys are doing so well. STOP playing video games Kevin!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home